- Meet the Head
- Identity, Ethos & Aims
- dates & events
- Term Dates Termly Calendar
- Open Days &
- Inspection Reports & Reviews
- The Good Schools Guide
Inspectorate Ofsted (Boarding) Catholic Validation Regulatory Compliance Inspection Report
- ACADEMIC SUCCESS
- Destination Schools Scholarships
- Curriculum Religious Studies English Mathematics Science French Latin History Geography Art Music ICT Design & Technology PE Drama
- GET INVOLVED
Your Child's First Term
When your child starts at Farleigh, a current pupil, known as a 'shepherd', will have been appointed to look after your child. Together with the teachers, they ensure that your child feels at home and settles in quickly.
Your child's shepherd will:
- contact your child in writing or by phone before he or she joins Farleigh;
- show them the ropes when they arrive – changing rooms, music rooms etc.
- meet up at break time to help introduce your child to new friends;
- accompany them to the dining room and explain the dining routine;
- show them the woods, other play areas and where they can keep their bike or scooter;
- be a friendly mentor while your child is settling in.
If your child is a boarder, he or she will be invited to spend a day and night or weekend at Farleigh in the term prior to joining in order to get a feel for boarding and to start making friends. Once they have joined, house parents stay in touch with parents to let them know how their child is settling in. We try to put new families in touch with each other in advance and encourage form representatives to make contact prior to the start of the new academic year to introduce new families to each other and to current families. The form representatives organise social events that enable parents to get together.
The latest from farleighJolly Good Sport
more news stories >>
EventsOpen Morning in September
more events >>